How to Request Games and Gain Experience
On MySoccerLeague, login and go to the “All referee assignments” link, and look for games that fit your schedule.
- New referee will not be able to see most games because they don’t have enough experience.
- Start with AR on U12 and U13 rec games. (U10 games don’t have AR.)
- Sign up early for the best games.
Once you have made the request, an assignor / Referee Coordinator (RC) will approve your request, and you will get an email confirmation.
- Only request games you can make, and late cancellations should be avoided.
- If you have problems please contact the managers and/or your club RC as soon as possible so that the teams can play as planned. They are counting on you!
- If your request for a game is not accepted, don’t be offended or upset. There are often multiple requests for games and a wide range of reasons for approving and accepting requests.
- With experience you can request higher level games.
How to Prepare for Games
Closely review the applicable rule modifications for your game and print out the “Cheat Sheet”(PDF) to bring with you.
Complete a score card before you leave home, and double-check to make sure you know what level of play it will be. Prepare your bag. Bring water, uniform (with badge), and whistle!
Carefully review and become familiar with the pre-game protocols – start now.
Uniforms & Reimbursement
EBUSC will reimburse referees for the class if they affiliate with an EBUSC team. Email EBUrefcoordinator@jlysl.org, to coordinate this.
EBUSC will also reimburse up to $60 for the cost of new a new referee kit, (including cards, socks, shorts, shirt, and flags, but not including shoes), if the referee officiates five games in their first season.
Save your receipts, and send to EBUrefcoordinator@jlysl.org, who will confirm your coverage and arrange for reimbursement through the club.
The USSF official uniform provider is Official Sports International. They have an Economy and Pro set.
You can also shop at Jade Soccer in the Dimond, or Soccer Post in Alameda. You might also try Sator Soccer, which is not the official sports brand but very nice and very affordable.