Referees are a critical part of an organized soccer experience. Every referee in our league – from experts to beginners – comes from the ranks of parents and players.
- Free to attend (materials, class and field fees, and instructor are sponsored by EBU)
- If you pass the test: $45 registration fee paid to CNRA
- Uniform: $50-$60 for full referee set. EBU will refund up to $60 after the ref has completed 5 games in a season
- EBUSC will reimburse referees for the class if they affiliate with an EBUSC team. Email email@example.com, to coordinate this.
- EBUSC will also reimburse up to $60 for the cost of new a new referee kit, (including cards, socks, shorts, shirt, and flags, but not including shoes), if the referee officiates five games in their first season.
- Minimum age is 14
- Class is free for Jack London club members but there is a $45 referee registration fee paid to CNRA if you pass the test. This fee pays for your license.
- Members of clubs outside JLYSSL must pay a $10 fee to cover course materials
- Uniform must be purchased at the conclusion of the class at a cost of about $60
- JLYSSL clubs will reimburse uniform expense after you officiate five (5) games in your first season as referee
Click to view the Jack London YSL referee requirements for each team. Every team should have at least one affiliated referee at the beginning of each season (Spring and Fall).
EBU recommends that each ref should work 10-15 games per season in order to gain in skill. Our rule of thumb is that the team refs should advance in experience at the same rate as your team.
Beginning Fall 2014, EBU has instituted the following additional rules for its teams:
- Teams that do not have an affiliated ref will not be allowed to schedule home games
- Teams that have unpaid referee credit fines from previous seasons will lose practice days during the week
- U8, U9, U10