The 2014 Goal Keeper Training Camp will be held on August 11th – 15th, 1pm to 4pm at Bushrod.
It is FREE but you need to register here.
College Questions for Goalkeepers?
Jamal Habibi: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2005-2007- Starting Varsity Goalkeeper at Bishop O’Dowd & NCS Champion
- 2008-2011 – University of Wisconsin Madison (Big Ten Conference D1) with a .98 GAA
- Academic All Big Ten Athlete (2008-2010)
- Political Science & Languages/Cultures of Asia with Humanities focus
- Has coached goalkeepers at elite camps at Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison & Santa Clara Univ.
- After graduation Jamal plans to work for the US Government in International Politics & Foreign Affairs.
- Former Piedmont HS standout & NCS Champion went on to play at UC Irvine & UC Berkeley. Rossie started her graduate studies at USF in the Fall of 2011.
- Marlowe played goalkeeper for Bay Oaks for 7 years stating at U12 and finishing with the U18team.
- She also played on Bishop O’Dowd High School varsity soccer team for 4 years. She was Bishop O’Dowd High School’s women’s soccer team captain her senior year and lead the team to its first NCS Championship in 2005.
- She continued her soccer career at Smith College.
- She has been the goalkeeper/assistant varsity women’s soccer coach at Bishop O’Dowd High School for the last 2 years.
- Marlowe was also the assistant coach for Bay Oaks U18 girls team and is now the Bay Oaks U17 girls assistant coach.
- Marlowe is currently a full time Master in Public Health (MPH) student at UC Berkeley.
- You can contact Marlowe email@example.com.
“The Complete Soccer Goalkeeper”, By Timothy Mulqueen with Michael Woitalla (Pub: Human Kinetics)
This is a great book by MNT & MLS GK coach Timothy Mulqueen & our very own Mike Woitalla. Comprehensive, so maybe not for the complete novice, but otherwise this is a great book.
Coulda Shoulda…on an in swinger corner, the GK should be __________ to the goal line?
A. Closer than if an out swinger.
B. Farther off line than if an out swinger.
C. No positioning difference between an in or outswinger.
D. What corner?